Carrot and Zucchini Noodle Salad -Recipe Swap April 2018
This is my recipe swap challenge for the month of April. This Month my partner was Veena who blogs at veenasvegnation.com. Looking through Venna’s blog was really interesting. She has a lot of really exciting recipes, some with ingredients that were new to me. I book marked a fair few of them and hope to cook my way through them.
For the challenge though, I chose her Carrot and Zucchini noodles recipe. It’s a simple recipe but I love both the ingredients and it is a perfect salad idea for our lunch boxes. As a family we are also on a healthy eating programme so it made sense to make this recipe.
I did make a few minor changes to the recipes. I could not get black carrots so I used some asparagus together with the orange carrots and zucchini. The flavours in Veenas salad were simple so I pepped up my version by adding added a few more ingredients to the dressing to give the salad a little spicy kick.
Carrot and Zucchini Salad with Peanut dressing
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 large carrot peeled and spiralised
- 1 large zucchini spiralised
- 10 stalks tendar asparagus
- 40 g dry roasted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- In a pan add some water and when it comes to boil add the asparagus and boil for three minutes after which remove the asparagus with a slotted spoon and place in iced water to stop cooking. Drain and add to a large bowl.
- To the Asparagus add the spiralised carrot and zucchini.
- Coarsely grind 30 g of peanuts and add to the salad.
- Add all the ingredients for the dressing in a jar with a lid and shake to emulsify.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.
- Transfer the salad to a serving bowl and garnish with remaining whole peanuts and sesame seeds.
or click the link below: