Cocktail Idea: Giant Fruit Ice Cubes
Healthy. Cocktail. Two of my favourite words… So naturally I like to experiment with lots of different types of cocktails that you can drink (somewhat) guilt free. Much like the Rosewater Fizz, there’s just so much you can do with yummy fruits and other natural flavours. Like these Fruit Ice Cubes.
A while ago I saw a silicone mold for large ice cubes in a local kitchen shop, and loved the idea of recreating the feel of being in a cocktail bar without having to leave home – by way of bigger than usual ice cubes. Ben’s been using them to make the odd old fashion, and they’ve also come in handy for creating giant flavoured ice cubes, like these fruit ones. Something that’s so easy to do and creates a really delicious, healthy, cocktail. Or a lovely mocktail! Read on to see how.
This is a crazy easy tutorial, so much so that I probably don’t have to show you how to make them, but I’m going to do it anyway.
- Fruit. I used berries but tropical fruits such as mangos would be perfect too.
- Silicone 5 cm (2 inch) ice cube mold (like this one)
- Blend up all your fruit. I wanted to make them different colours so did one strawberry, one raspberry and one blackberry.
- Pour your blended fruit into the silicone mold.
- Freeze overnight and you’re good to go.
We then just topped them with vodka and then some soda water, and your drinks become increasingly fruity as the cubes melt. And if you feel like going alcohol free, these are just as delicious without the alcohol too!