Make this Easy Hanging Circle Shelf (In Less Than Ten Minutes!)
When in doubt, put a shelf on it.
I’m very into shelves of all kinds, not only because they allow you to use the walls for function (i.e. storage) but also because they add detail to your space, and just look great. They’re a cheap alternative to art if you ask me! I’d been wanting to get my hands on a metal circle shelf for a while, and worked out that with a few simple materials I could make my own.
- A Brass or Metal Circle
- A piece of wood (cut to match, or be a bit bigger, than the diameter of your circle)
- A Small Piece of leather
- First, push your wood inside the circle.
- Cut two strips of leather the same width as the edge of the wood.
- Hold your shelf up to the wall and work out what angle you need it at so the wood is flat.
- Add some super glue to the strips of leather, and firmly press them against both sides of the wood where the circle surrounds the wood. Add enough glue so that it holds well along the length of the leather.
- Let the glue dry overnight.
- Finally, add some rope to the top edge to hang onto the wall.
We had some gorgeous roses left over from a project we did in the studio with Stella, so we decided to put them on the wall. It was really easy to make this installation, just using some washi tape. I’m excited for them to dry on the wall like this! And I’m considering adding a mirror in the middle, what do you think?
The post Make this Easy Hanging Circle Shelf (In Less Than Ten Minutes!) appeared first on A Pair & A Spare.