Soups are a staple in my household we all love them especially when the weather is wet and grim. This Thai tomato soup is so simple to make and strangely the recipe works best with overripe tomatoes that are usually too soft for salads. Adding the Thai flavours just converts the humble tomato soup and makes it A class!!
Yield: Serves 2Author: Nayna Kanabar
Thai Tomato Soup
Simple tomato soup packed with Thai flavours of lemongrass and Chinese five spice.
prep time: 5 minscook time: 20 minstotal time: 25 mins
240 g ripe tomatoes roughly diced.
50 g bean sprouts
1/2 white onion finely chopped
1 inch piece lemon grass finely chopped.
1 clove garlic finely chopped
1 Celery stick finely chopped
1 small carrot finely chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
1/3 teaspoon Chinese five spice
1 tablespoon olive oil/
200 ml water
1. In a large pan add the oil, when its hot add the chopped onions, garlic and leeks and saute them for 3-4 minutes until translucent.
2. Add the carrots and chopped tomatoes and lemon grass to the pan and the water and bring the soup to a simmer.
3. Cook the soup for 10 minutes.
4. Transfer the soup to the Optimum 9400 blender and blend until smooth.
5. Strain the soup into the pan and discard any residue left in the strainer.
6. Add the salt, pepper, chilli flakes and Chinese five spice and bring the soup to a slow boil. Turn off the heat and add the bean sprouts.
7. Ladle soup into serving bowls and enjoy with crusty bread.
I used my tried and trusted Optimum 9400 to blend my soup. The blender is so versatile and powerful that it grinds, pulses, makes ice cream, soups and amazing smoothies and nut butters too. It is easy to clean and maintain too.
The Optimum 9400 2nd generation is currently on offer for £289. Froothie currently have a blender sale on all their blenders . These include the Optimum G2.1 their newest & most advanced optimum blender which is reduced from £559.00 to £339 and Optimum air vacuum blender is reduced from £499 to £339 . This is the perfect time to buy in time for Christmas.
Froothie also offer 0% finance on products over £299 and only require a 10% deposit. That’s not all, the fab people at Froothie are offering you lovely readers FREE DELIVERY too (for a limited time). Just use this code 1572 FREE AMBASSADOR DELIVERY in the comments box when making your purchase, the delivery charge will then be refunded. Froothie are also offering a free gift worth £179 if you buy two blenders. All the blenders come with 30 day return option so you can buy and try and return f you are not satisfied with the purchase.
If you enjoy visiting simplyfood and would like to receive regular updates and a monthly newsletter straight into your inbox please sign up by email. You will find the email and newsletter signup right at the top under my photo in the side bar.
Alternately click the link below for email signup.: